Lecture: Living in the Kingdom of Heaven, Right Here and Now
Sat, Feb 8, 2pm @ Cummings Library
Christmas Hymn Sing
December 22 at 11am
SUNDAY SERVICE 10AM
Our Sunday Church Service is conducted by two elected Readers. The service consists of singing hymns, brief introductory readings from the Bible, a solo, and the Lord’s Prayer. This is followed by the reading of the weekly Bible Lesson from the Christian Science Quarterly which contains citations from the Bible and from the Christian Science textbook, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy. This same Bible Lesson is read in every Christian Science service throughout the world.
WEDNESDAY EVENING MEETING 7:30PM
The Wednesday meeting, conducted by the First Reader, consists of hymns and citations from the Bible and Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy on a topic helpful to members and the community. After the readings, there is an opportunity for those attending to relate how the study and practice of Christian Science has enriched their lives and provided healing.
Sunday School & Children's Room
SUNDAY SCHOOL 10AM
Our Sunday School helps children to know that God loves you----always. You will learn how to trust God’s love to guard, guide, and govern you. Knowing this, you can feel happier, healthier, and have a better sense of self-worth. Throughout the ages, the Bible has shown us how people have experienced and demonstrated their oneness with God. By studying the stories about Abraham, Noah, Moses, Isaac, Jacob, David, Daniel, Christ Jesus, Peter, Paul, and many others, you will learn how to make the Bible relevant in your life. The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20: 3-17), the Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6: 9-13), and the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5: 3-12) are the foundation of all our Sunday School teaching. Our Sunday School, held at 10:00 a.m., includes classes for children and young people up to age 20. Whether you are a parent wanting a spiritual education for your child or a young adult searching about life and where you fit in---our Sunday School meets your needs.
WHY COME TO A CHRISTIAN SCIENCE READING ROOM?
- Answer your questions about Christian Science
- Study the Bible Lesson from the Bible and Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy
- Investigate the teachings of Christian Science in a quiet setting
- Browse through a collection of over 130 years of Christian Science healing
- Read books on Christian Science and current periodicals published by the Christian Science Publishing Society
- Use books available for Bible research
- Take advantage of the free-lending library
- Access many Christian Science websites.
ITEMS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
- The Bible in English and other languages
- The Christian Science textbook, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy in English and other languages
- Other works by Mary Baker Eddy
- The Christian Science Quarterly Bible Lesson
- The Christian Science Journal, the Christian Science Sentinel, and the renowned Christian Science Monitor
- Biographies about Mary Baker Eddy
- Music and articles on Christian Science
- Children’s books published by the Christian Science Publishing Society.
COME SEE WHAT A READING ROOM OFFERS YOU!
We are located at 515 East Ocean Blvd., Stuart, Fl. 34994. Our hours are Tuesday and Thursday-Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. We are also open briefly before and after the Wednesday Meeting and after the Sunday Service.
Lectures & Events
Living in the Kingdom of Heaven, Right Here and Now
This lecture, sponsored by First Church of Christ, Scientist, Stuart, takes a look at how we can bring healing, restoration and regeneration to our lives by actively living moment by moment in the kingdom of harmony.
José de Dios Mata,CSB
Christian Science practitioner and member of the Christian Science Board of Lectureship.
2:00pm, Saturday February 8
Cummings Library, 2551 SW Matheson Avenue, Palm City, FL 34990
What is Christian Science?
For an insightful explanation, along with helpful information, please visit christianscience.com
- The Bible and Christ Jesus’ teachings and healings form the basis of Christian Science and its system of spiritual healing.
- Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy is the Christian Science textbook and explains scientific Christian healing.
- Listen to and sign up for The Daily Lift, a two-minute inspirational podcast.
- The Christian Science Monitor
- Order Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy.
- Helpful information about subscribing to the Weekly Bible Lesson.
- Inspiring accounts of healing.